My little space in the world

Teaching in action – examples to share

The Reading Conversations are happening

August31

As well as hooking reluctant readers into reading through the blog, I had hoped to create ‘reading conversations’ about books through the blog. This is more than evident in the blog with 282 comments! These are mostly from other students in our school and relate directly to either the other persons experience in reading the book, or in their interest in wanting to read the book. I think that any conversations about books within our school are positive and 282 comments that wouldn’t have occurred without the blog must surely be a measure of success!!

My big problem is that I had started with 22 students – 10 buddies, 10 mentors, and 2 ‘back up’ mentors. Unfortunately our ICT suite only has 16 computers. This was more than enough initially when buddies and mentors were paired up. NOW THOUGH . . . most of the buddies are more than competent in making these posts independently (and do) – which means that I don’t have enough computers all of a sudden!! We are managing this with the Bloggers laptop (thanks to the Unisy’s Grant last year) and the fact that some students can be using the Easispeaks to record their snippets while others are on the computer.

by posted under Classroom ideas | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Reading Tip of the Day

var LMWIDGET_width= 200; var LMWIDGET_height= 430; var LMWIDGET_postcount= 0;This widget requires the use of javascript!This widget requires the use of javascript!
Find this blog in the education blogs directory

Archives

Skip to toolbar